Date: Thursday, December 8th, 2011, 05:51
Category: News, Software
On Wednesday, software company Delicious Monster released version 2.7.5 of the shareware favorite, Delicious Library. Delicious Monster allows Macs with webcams to scan the bar codes of any book, movie, music CD or video game, then creates an archive based on background information from the Internet. Additional features help keep the library organized and reseller’s tools allow for items to be quickly posted for sale online.
The update, a 16.4 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
- Easily see which shelves contain your items!
- Use the new “Shelves” column in list view.
- Control-click an item for the new “Show on Shelf” menu.
- Include the set of shelves containing each item when exporting.
- Recognize a larger variety of iTunes audiobook formats.
- Those with old iTunes libraries should, in iTunes, choose File > Library> Organize Library…, selecting to “Reorganize files”.
- Improved display of Nintendo 3DS game boxes.
- French translation improvements, thanks to Fabrice Deville.
- Export directly to Numbers.
- Excel exporter now uses CSV format instead of the ancient SYLK format, providing better support for long values and values in more languages.
- Cover drawing fixes on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (fixed blurry covers, incorrectdrawing after changing dimensions, and more).
- Many fixes to the importer.
- Accept USB scanners that send EAN-5 along with the EAN-13 barcode.
- We’re aware that some customers have issues using their USB barcode scannerswith Delicious Library. We’d like to address this as soon as possible. Ifyou have a USB scanner (working or not), please email email@example.com the make and model, and whether or not scans are recognized.
- Work around Amazon returning strange item dimensions (manifesting as coversbeing tiny)
- Better handling of large cover images.
- Strip ColorSync profiles from images when publishing for smaller file sizes.
- Fixed a cause of large memory usage when publishing.
- Add a work-around for an Apple bug in 10.7 that produces invalid HTML when publishing
Enable “Refresh Details from Internet” for items with an EAN or ISBN, butwithout an ASIN.
- Fixed a crash when selecting “Enable Bluetooth Scanning” and Bluetooth isdisabled (Apple’s bug).
Delicious Library 2.7.5 retails for US$40 and requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.