Date: Wednesday, December 9th, 2015, 07:19
Category: Gift Guide, iPad, iPad Pro, Review, Software
The art of DJing has advanced to the point where it’s now possible to do things on your Mac, iPad, iPhone (and yes, even your Apple Watch) that previously required thousands of dollars in turntables, mixers and speakers. After playing with djay Pro for iPad for a couple of days even my MacBook is starting to feel heavy.
Algoriddim’s djay pioneered (pun intended) the art of mixing and beat matching tracks on the Mac in 2006 and on iOS in 2010. djay is an amazing family of apps that allows you to spin music like a pro and has earned the title of world’s best selling DJ app with over 20 million downloads and an Apple Design Award to its credit.
djay dropped a major update to its disruptive iPad app today, loaded with pro-level audio and video features.
djay Pro for iPad ($19.99 for a limited time, regularly $29.99) is a game-changer that sets a new standard for mobile DJing. It includes several desktop-class live production features, including 4 decks, HD waveforms, and video mixing.
djay Pro stretches the limits of audio visual performance on a mobile device, including mixing of up to 4 audio tracks, plus two simultaneous 4K video streams, all rendered in pristine sound quality and with brilliant video output in full HD, at 60 frames per second. Moreover, djay Pro for iPad works with the Smart Keyboard offering over 70 keyboard shortcuts for cue points, looping, library navigation, search, and more. This takes the best of both worlds, desktop and iPad, and melds them together for an unparalleled experience.
Here’s the promo video:
djay Pro for iPad takes full advantage of iOS 9 multitasking so that you can quickly open another app and interact with it without leaving djay Pro. With Split View you can have djay Pro plus another app open and active at the same time.
Here’s everything that you need to know.
Built for iPad Pro
- Smart Keyboard integration (over 70 keyboard shortcuts)
- Advanced iOS 9 Multitasking integration (Slide Over, Split view, and Portrait modes)
- Full HD video capture and rendering (1080p)
- Support for 4K videos
- AirPlay Integration
- iPad camera integration
- 60 frames per second graphics rendering
- iCloud integration: syncs cue points, grid edits, and metadata with iOS and Mac versions of djay
- Video mixing and scratching
- Camera integration to record custom clips on the fly
- Music Visualizers
- Visual FX
- Title & image overlays
- A/V recording
- Support for external displays and AirPlay
- Video library with pre-bundled content
- Instant access to over 20 million songs
- Playlists, Songs, Charts, Browse
- Match: cloud-based song recommendations powered by The Echo Nest
- Instant access to BPM and Key information through the cloud
- Advanced audio streaming technology: ultra-low latency, advanced effects, on-the-fly analysis
- Supports streams of up to 320 kbps bitrate
- Native support for DJ controllers including Reloop Beatpad, Reloop Beatpad 2, Pioneer DDJWeGO, Numark Mixdeck Quad, Numark iDJ Pro, and others
- Support for multichannel USB audio interfaces
As a bonus, Algoriddim also updated djay 2 for iPhone with 3D Touch today and it’s a free update during the djay Pro for iPad promotion.
- 3D Touch enhancements
- Completely new and redesigned music library: Use 3D Touch to preview tracks seamlessly while browsing your playlists. Now leverages size classes for optimal layout on iPhone 6(s) Plus and across all iPhone models. New collection view for an immersive record-style browsing experience.
- Control djay using handy shortcuts from the home screen / app icon using 3D Touch