Date: Wednesday, May 11th, 2011, 03:57
The new version, a 16 megabyte download, offers the following fixes and features:
– Live defrag can now be canceled (on some machines this may require a wired keyboard).
– DrivePulse™ is now installed on a per-user basis instead of for all users.
– The Information tool now displays use-based statistics for drives in the Details tab.
– DrivePulse™will open a Finder window for mounted volumes with a click on the disk icon in the DrivePulse™menu.
– Initial support for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
– Bug Fix: Defrag and Repartition now work with native “large block” (4KB) drives.
– Bug Fix: Minor Duplicate issues with native “large block” (4KB) drives.
– Bug Fix: Stability improvements to DriveSlim™while searching for files.
– Bug Fix: Stability issue if a drive was removed from the system while a defrag was in progress.
– Bug Fix: The overview information for unmounted volumes was displaying free space as used space.
Drive Genius retails for US$99 and requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5.3 or later installed to install and run.