Date: Wednesday, January 26th, 2011, 05:38
Category: News, Software
The new version, a 16.6 megabyte download, offers the following fixes and features:
- The system startup volume can now be defragmented without the need of a DVD or alternate startup volume (“live” defrag).
- DrivePulse™ verifies the preference files of the logged in user and the global preferences located on the startup volume.
- DrivePulse™ displays visual error and warning status hints in its menu.
- Up to one month of DrivePulse™ event history can be browsed.
- Repartition offers the option to add HFSX volumes. UFS volume support has been removed as Apple is moving away from supporting UFS.
- ExFAT volume support. (10.6.5+ only)
- Drobo devices are officially not supported for most tools. Drobos are proprietary devices and due to the way they store and manipulate data on multiple physical drives, Drive Genius cannot safely manipulate that same data. It is the decision of Data Robotics, Inc to not share the technical information necessary to safely support Drobo devices.
- Bug Fix: Possible spurious failures when defragging an 8TiB or larger volume.
- Bug Fix: Missing fragmentation information in the Defrag overview for volumes that contain a very large number of files (such as Time Machine volumes).
- Bug Fix: Stability improvements to DriveSlim™while searching and while slimming files.
- Bug Fix: The DriveSlim™ Universal Binary slimming plan could spuriously fail.
- Bug Fix: If DriveSlim™ found an application that matched multiple slimming plans and one of the plans was Universal Binary slimming, only the Universal Binary plan would be run on the application.
Drive Genius retails for US$99 and requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5.3 or later installed to install and run.