Date: Thursday, December 17th, 2009, 06:47
On Wednesday, Elgato Systems released version 3.3 of its EyeTV software application, which finds and tracks all television programming you want to see and allows users to pause live television and save content to file.
The new version, which can be found here (and can also be found through EyeTV 3.0′s update feature), adds the following fixes and features:
- Improved general performance and stability.
- Improved scrolling in the Overlay menus.
- Fixed an issue where multiple tuners could not be accessed in the Overlay menu.
- Improved channel name detection and EPG for some Clear QAM cable systems. NOTE: To take advantage of this feature, EyeTV needs to do another Auto-Tune.
- Improved Digital Audio sound output for better compatibility with certain brands of home theater receivers.
- Improved support for EyeTV when running under Standard Accounts.
- Improved EyeTV’s automatic update process.
- Resolved issues with H.264 broadcasts in Denmark.
- Fixed issues with the new Silver Apple Remote under Mac OS 10.6.2.
- Improved Support for Rogue Amoeba Airfoil and Apple Airport Express: EyeTV and Airfoil now work together to keep the video picture in sync with the sound at all times. Find out more about Airfoil here: http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/mac/
- Editing recordings now works when archive is on volume with FAT 32 file system.
- Improved user interface for CAM modules.
- Resolved issues reindexing recordings.
- Improved support for case sensitive file systems.
- Miscellaneous Improvements to XMLTV.
- EPG updates when Parental Controls enabled now fail with an explanation in the guide preferences.
- Resolved a hang on single processor Macs when doing a digital auto-tune with certain hardware.
- Improved CAM support for EyeTV Sat.
- Fixed support for newer Cinergy T XXS hardware revisions.
- Updated firmware for DTT Deluxe 2009 to improve reliability.
- Added PAL 60 Hz support for the 2008 EyeTV DVB-T/C Hybrid.
- Fixed support for SECAM D/K in Russia for the 2008 EyeTV DVB-T/C Hybrid.
EyeTV 3.3 requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later to install and run. The program retails for US$79.95.