Date: Tuesday, August 6th, 2013, 11:29
Category: News, Software
The updates just keep comin’.
- Mixed content blocking enabled to protects users from man-in-the-middle attacks and eavesdroppers on HTTPS pages (learn more).
- Options panel created for Web Developer Toolbox.
- Updated Firefox Logo.
- Improved about:memory’s functional UI.
- Simplified interface for notifications of plugin installation.
- Enabled DXVA2 on Windows Vista+ to accelerate H.264 video decoding.
- Users can now switch to a new search provider across the entire browser.
- CSP policies using the standard syntax and semantics will now be enforced rendering improvements (see bug 838675).
- Replace fixed-ratio audio resampler in webrtc.org capture code with Speex resampler and eliminate pseudo-44000Hz rate.
- “Load images automatically” and Always show the tab bar” checkboxes removed from preferences and reset to defaults.
- HTML5 form control implemented.
- Write more accessible pages on touch interfaces with new ARIA role for key buttons.
- Social share functionality.
- Added unprefixed requestAnimationFrame.
- Implemented a global browser console.
- Dropped blink effect from text-decoration: blink; and completely removed element.
- New feature in toolbox: Network Monitor.
- Various security fixes.
Firefox 23.0 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.