Date: Wednesday, June 11th, 2014, 10:40
Category: News, Software
There’s nothing wrong with turning 30.
– Sidebars button in browser chrome enables faster access to social, bookmark, and history sidebars.
– Mac OS X command-E sets find term to selected text.
– Support for GStreamer 1.0.
– Disallow calling WebIDL constructors as functions on the web.
– With the exception of those bundled inside an extension or ones that are whitelisted, plugins will no longer be activated by default (see blog post).
– Fixes to box-shadow and other visual overflow (see bug 480888).
– Mute and volume available per window when using WebAudio.
– Background-blend-mode enabled by default.
– Use of line-height allowed for input type=”reset|button|submit”.
– ES6 array and generator comprehensions implemented (read docs for more details).
– Error stack now contains column number.
– Support for alpha option in canvas context options (feature description).
– Ignore autocomplete=”off” when offering to save passwords via the password manager (see 956906).
– TypedArrays don’t support new named properties (see 695438).
– Slow shut downs lead to ‘Firefox is already running’ warning.
Firefox 30.0 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.