Date: Wednesday, June 11th, 2014, 10:40
Category: News, Software
There’s nothing wrong with turning 30.
- Sidebars button in browser chrome enables faster access to social, bookmark, and history sidebars.
- Mac OS X command-E sets find term to selected text.
- Support for GStreamer 1.0.
- Disallow calling WebIDL constructors as functions on the web.
- With the exception of those bundled inside an extension or ones that are whitelisted, plugins will no longer be activated by default (see blog post).
- Fixes to box-shadow and other visual overflow (see bug 480888).
- Mute and volume available per window when using WebAudio.
- Background-blend-mode enabled by default.
- Use of line-height allowed for input type=”reset|button|submit”.
- ES6 array and generator comprehensions implemented (read docs for more details).
- Error stack now contains column number.
- Support for alpha option in canvas context options (feature description).
- Ignore autocomplete=”off” when offering to save passwords via the password manager (see 956906).
- TypedArrays don’t support new named properties (see 695438).
- Slow shut downs lead to ‘Firefox is already running’ warning.
Firefox 30.0 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.