Date: Monday, February 1st, 1999, 00:00
The Open Source community, through its familiar GNU Project, has released a free alternative to PGP, GnuPG. The software uses RFC2040 specs (OpenPGP) in its implementation and uses no proprietary algorithms making the software cheap for users. Due to the lack of cost restrictions that patented technology would pose, the GNU Project has made this software free of charge.
The GNU Privacy Guard offers many excellent features:
- Full replacement for PGP
- Can be used as a filter program
- Full OpenPGP implementation
- Decrypts and verifies PGP 5.x messages
- Supports ElGamal (signature and encryption), DSA, 3DES, Blowfish, Twofish, CAST5, MD5, SHA-1, RIPE-MD-160 and TIGER
- Easy implementation of new algorithms using extension modules
- French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian and Spanish language support
- Online help system
- Supported OS: GNU/LINUX, GNU/Hurd, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, HPUX, IRIX, OSF1, OS/2, SCO, SunOS, Solaris, USL Unixware, Windows 95, WinNT
Bug GNU for Mac support!
Notice: Undefined variable: single_post_additional_classes in /home4/powerpa3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/special-recent-posts-pro/classes/class-main.php on line 1214