Date: Wednesday, August 21st, 2013, 07:05
Category: News, Software
On Tuesday, Google released version 29.0.1547.57 of its Chrome web browser. The update, a 51.5 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
- Improved Omnibox suggestions based on the recency of sites you have visited.
- Ability to reset your profile back to its original state.
- Many new apps and extensions APIs.
Lots of stability and performance improvements:
- Incomplete path sanitization in file handling.
- Information leak via overly broad permissions on shared memory files.
- Integer overflow in ANGLE.
- Use after free in XSLT.
- Use after free in media element.
- Use after free in document parsing.
- Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives.
Google Chrome 29.0.1547.57 requires an Intel-based Mac with Mac OS X 10.6 or later to install and run. If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.