Date: Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013, 06:03
Category: News, Software
Late Monday, software giant Google released version 188.8.131.520 of its popular Google Earth program. The new version, a 42.8 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
- Ability to create rich, annotated images from print and save.
- Redesigned print flow.
- Viewshed/Line of Sight analysis tool from a placemark.
- Support for LEAP Motion device.
- Enhanced starfield.
- Google Feedback tool integration.
- Redesigned balloons.
- Polygons and image overlays display over the international dateline.
- Performance improvements in Movie Maker and in viewing 3D imagery areas.
- Ocean surface displays across Mac clients with Intel GPUs.
- Full Map names display in Google Maps Engine maps.
- Earth client now supports NTLM authentication for a PAC file.
- Fixed Incorrect “Z-order” in rendering overlapped vector layers.
Google Earth 184.108.40.2060 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, let us know in the comments.