Date: Monday, July 16th, 2012, 05:18
Category: News, Software
Handbrake, Eric Petit’s incredibly useful open-source DVD ripping/conversion utility, has been updated to version 0.9.7.
The new version, a 7.1 megabyte download, offers the following fixes and changes:
– VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD (unencrypted — CSS is not supported internally and must be handled externally with third-party software and libraries), BDMV folder (unencrypted), and some .VOB and .TS files.
– Any multimedia file it can get libavformat to read and libavcodec to decode.
– File format: MP4 and MKV.
– Video: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264 or Theora (1 or 2 passes or constant quantizer/rate encoding).
– Audio: AAC, HE-AAC, AC3, MP3, Vorbis, FLAC or AAC, MP3, AC3, DTS and DTS-HD pass-through (supports encoding of several audio tracks).
– Chapter selection.
– Soft subtitle support (DVD/VobSub in DVD/MKV/MP4, SRT files, SRT/UTF-8 in MKV, ASS/SSA in MKV, TX3G/3GPP in MP4 – DVD/VobSub and ASS/SSA subtitles can also be burned-in the picture).
– Picture deinterlacing, cropping and scaling.
– Grayscale encoding.
– Fixes several small bugs from the previous version.
HandBrake 0.9.7 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or later to install and run.