iBook Battery Catches Fire

Posted by:
Date: Monday, June 5th, 2006, 09:35
Category: iBook

iBookFire.jpgSince notebook battery issues are near and dear to my heart I was intrigued by this story about an iBook catching fire. While it’s clearly an isolated incident, TUAW wins the award for finding the most sensational picture of the iBook actually burning. Yes, even more sensational than the picture of the roasted MagSafe adapter. You know that Apple PR is having nightmares about this one…

We hear about the occasional battery recall, and there are always the complaints that computers are getting too hot, but things went to a whole new level for a family in Minnesota. As WCCO in the Twin Cities reports, an 11 year-old boy set a running iBook down on the carpet and left the room. His mother states that they heard a popping noise, saw that the iBook had started melting the carpet and the room was filling with smoke. They quickly carried the iBook outside and remembered to bring their camera along for the show as the iBook, you can see, literally caught fire (WCCO has a video and more images).

iBook battery catches fire – The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)

technorati tags: , ,


iBookFire.jpgSince notebook battery issues are near and dear to my heart I was intrigued by this story about an iBook catching fire. While it’s clearly an isolated incident, TUAW wins the award for finding the most sensational picture of the iBook actually burning. Yes, even more sensational than the picture of the roasted MagSafe adapter. You know that Apple PR is having nightmares about this one…

We hear about the occasional battery recall, and there are always the complaints that computers are getting too hot, but things went to a whole new level for a family in Minnesota. As WCCO in the Twin Cities reports, an 11 year-old boy set a running iBook down on the carpet and left the room. His mother states that they heard a popping noise, saw that the iBook had started melting the carpet and the room was filling with smoke. They quickly carried the iBook outside and remembered to bring their camera along for the show as the iBook, you can see, literally caught fire (WCCO has a video and more images).

iBook battery catches fire – The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)

technorati tags: , ,

Recent Posts