Date: Monday, February 1st, 1999, 00:00
Lombard availability continues to be a moving target, here is the juice from the players:
- Apple Store: “Conservatively” estimates that all orders placed today will be recieved in 5-7 business days in the United States.
- Outpost.com: Waiting for Apple to ship – declined to give a date because of uncertainty of Apple’s position.
- CDW: As of today, CDW has 80 400 MHz machines on backorder. Apparently a few came into CDW yesterday, and they were promptly shipped out. There are appox. 70 333 MHz machines on backorder. A good bet looks like 15 June.
- MacMall: None have shipped yet – they have not received any machines from Apple yet. Apple has said that they will receive machines on June 10th, and so MacMall will start shipping then.
- MacWarehouse: Apple has given MacWarehouse a date of June 22nd for both the 400 MHz and the 333 MHz models. They have not recieved (and thus, have not shipped) any PowerBooks at all yet.
- CompUSA: We have had reports of many CompUSAs recieving a few 400 MHz machines each. If you hurry, you might be able to snag one.
For updated price info, be sure to eyeball the PowerPage Lombard Tracker!