Date: Monday, June 4th, 2012, 05:06
Category: News, Software
On Monday, Mozilla.org released version 13.0 of its Firefox web browser. The new version, a 30.7 megabyte download and adds the following fixes and changes:
When opening a new tab, users are now presented with their most visited pages.
– The default home page now has quicker access to bookmarks, history, settings, and more.
– SPDY protocol now enabled by default for faster browsing on supported sites.
– Restored background tabs are not loaded by default for faster startup.
– Smooth scrolling is now enabled by default.
– 72 total improvements to Page Inspector, HTML panel, Style Inspector, Scratchpad and Style Editor.
– The column-fill CSS property has been implemented.
– Experimental support for ECMAScript 6 Map and Set objects has been implemented.
– Support for the CSS3 background-position property extended syntax has been added.
– The :invalid pseudo-class can now be applied to the element .
– The CSS turn unit is now supported.
Firefox 13.0 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.