Date: Friday, September 7th, 2012, 06:03
Category: News, Software
On Friday, Mozilla.org released version 15.0.1 of its Firefox web browser. The new version, a 34.1 megabyte download and adds the following fixes and changes:
Sites visited while in Private Browsing mode could be found through manual browser cache inspection (787743)
- Silent, background updates.
- Support for SPDY networking protocol v3.
- WebGL enhancements, including compressed textures for better performance.
- Localization in Maithili (see all available locales).
- Optimized memory usage for add-ons.
- New layout view added to Inspector.
- High precision event timer implemented.
- The CSS word-break property has been implemented.
- New responsive design tool allows web developers to switch between desktop and mobile views of sites.
- Native support for the Opus audio codec added.
- The element now supports the media attribute.
- Focus rings keep growing when repeatedly tabbing through elements (720987).
Firefox 15.0.1 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.