Date: Monday, August 15th, 2011, 03:59
Category: News, Software
Late Sunday, Mozilla.org released version 6.0 of its Firefox web browser. The new version stands as an 28.1 megabyte download offered the following fixes and changes:
– The address bar now highlights the domain of the website you’re visiting.
– Streamlined the look of the site identity block.
– Added support for the latest draft version of WebSockets with a prefixed API.
– Added support for EventSource / server-sent events.
– Added support for window.matchMedia.
– Added a new Web Developer menu item and moved development-related items into it.
– Improved usability of the Web Console.
– Improved the discoverability of Firefox Sync.
– Reduced browser startup time when using Panorama.
Firefox 6.0 requires an Intel-based Mac and Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback, let us know.