Date: Wednesday, January 30th, 2013, 08:16
Category: News, Software
General and User Interface:
– Fixed an issue where Opera gets internal communication errors on Facebook.
– Fixed an issue where no webpages load on startup, if Opera is disconnected from the Internet.
– Fixed an issue where images will not load after back navigation, when a site uses the HTML5 history API (deviantart.com).
Linux and Windows:
– A new stand-alone update-checker, as part of a planned upgrade of the auto-update system.
– Improved protection against hijacking of the default search, including a one-time reset.
– Fixed an issue where DOM events manipulation might be used to execute arbitrary code, as reported by Arthur Gerkis; see our advisory.
– Fixed an issue where use of SVG clipPaths could allow execution of arbitrary code, as reported by anonymous via the iSIGHT Partners GVP Program; see our advisory.
– Fixed a low severity security issue; details will be disclosed at a later date.
– Fixed an issue where CORS requests could omit the preflight request, as reported by webpentest; see our advisory.
Opera 12.13.1734 is available for free and requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later to install and run.