Just letting you know that SpyMac has pictures and video of a rumored Apple branded PDA called the iWalk. It fits with the current Apple design styling and the images and video would be hard to fake.
They have just published the first (seemingly) “real life” images and video clip of Apple’s new iWalk device that should be made public at Macworld next week. So far the device looks like a hopped up PDA beast that is based on OSX, has built in firewire, full colour display, possibly full wireless capabilities, and something the site calls “Gigawire”.
As expected, IBM has announced it has closed the deal to sell its hard-drive disk assets to Hitachi, according to a Reuters report. The deal, first announced in June, stipulates that Hitachi will initially own 70 percent of a newly created hard disk drive company (as yet unnamed), buying the remaining 30 percent portion from IBM over the next three years. Thanks to Bryan Falchuk for the tip.
I just got off the phone with Apple trying to confirm an order I placed yesterday through iPhoto, in which I am redeeming the 100 free prints I got by signing up for .mac. Apparently the order did not go through because so many people are trying to redeem these prints before the first of the year, their former deadline. According to the friendly Apple rep, the deadline has been extended to the end of February to redeem these free print credits. Also, orders you may have placed in the last couple days may have not gone through due to the high volumes of people trying to order at the last minute. I was told that the credits should be back in my account in a few business days, and to try my order again after the first of the year.
I just insured my entire GigaBook with my insurer and it only cost me $30.00 for $3,000.00. Totally covered, I drop it, it falls, stolen, virus destroys it, fat man/woman sits on it, a rhino gores it, it’s covered. Ed: if anyone’s PowerBook is gored by a rhino is definitely Extreme PowerBook material! Has anyone found out if gigabooks with combo drives are eligible for a DVD SuperDrive upgrade? The reason I ask is that the only reason I ordered the combo is that I was leaving for an extended trip (five months) and Apple was unsure if the superdrive version would ship in time for me to get it before I left. It later turned out it would have been fine.