Date: Thursday, April 3rd, 2014, 14:05
Category: Announcement, App Store, Apps, iOS, iPhone, Software, Wearables
Sometime yesterday, Pebble’s updated iOS app to fix the problems introduced by the 2.1 update, appeared on the App Store. Version 2.1.1, in our experience, has resolved the problems, in particular the inability to launch the iOS app. I simply installed the new version over the old and everything started up fine. There was a method posted on some sites for removing 2.1 and reinstalling the old version, but I do not know the results of trying this. Pebble’s response was little more than a confirmation that the updated app had been submitted and then the fact that the 2.1.1 version was showing up in the App Store. The following in the list of changes introduced by the 2.1/2.1.1 update:
Pebble iOS App (v.2.1.1) Release notes:
- Share apps with friends via email, Twitter, Facebook, and text message.
- New apps added to the appstore.
- Fixed issues with version 2.1 (released 31-Mar-2014)
- Bug fixes.
New features, if upgrading from v1.x app versions:
- Pebble watchapp directory: browse, find and install the latest watchapps for Pebble.
- List of prior notifications are now stored on your Pebble.
- Watchapp locker: keep track of your favorite apps and manage the apps on your Pebble.
- Completely revamped and improved user interface design.
Let us know in the comments if you are still having any trouble.