Date: Wednesday, March 24th, 2010, 05:18
Late Tuesday, the Perian team released version 1.2.1 of Perian, the open-source QuickTime components effort that allows QuickTime to support and play a variety of additional formats beyond what it would normally be able to handle.
The new version makes the following fixes and changes:
- Added Indeo 5 decoding. [r1271].
- Fixed several bugs in Matroska support (1.2 regression) [r1240, r1243].
- Incomplete AVI files were not fully imported (1.2 regression) [r1242].
- Fixed subtitles crashing in 10.4 [r1240].
- Fixed a rare crash with .mp4 [r1265].
- No error was shown if the installer somehow failed [r1270] Note that it does not try to correct errors, only report them.
- Fixed crash in SSA support [r1250].
- Fixed invisible subtitles sometimes appearing over the first frame [r1275].
Perian is a 3.3 megabyte download and requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later to install and run.