Date: Thursday, April 8th, 2010, 07:25
Episode 130 of the PowerPage Podcast is now available. You can either download it from the iTunes Store or directly (19 MB, AAC). This week we switched the encoding back to AAC in order to keep the file size under the 20GB cap for OTA syncing on the iPad/iPod/iPhone.
Panel: Jason O’Grady and Tom Hesser
Topics: This week we discuss Apple’s iPad launch, our first impressions, and everything from the hardware to the software. We wrap it up with a healthy dose of “What’s on your iPad?”
Here’s what’s on our iPads this week:
- NewsRack ($3) – My RSS app of choice on iPad, syncs with Google Reader, plenty of sharing options.
- Instapaper Pro ($5) – Bookmark long articles and read them offline on the iPad later.
- Magic Piano ($3) – Play a virtual piano with a cool Internet-connected duet mode. iPad only.
- Flight Control HD ($5) – Land airplances at airport with your finger, fun with multiple players.
- Touchgrind HD ($8) – This skateboarding sim allows you to see more of the park and play a friend in splitscreen mode.
- Labyrinth 2 HD ($8) - An old school labyrinth game just like the one you grew up with, but more fun. Free trial available.
- textPlus - (free, in app purchase of $2.99 to remove ads) – SMS texting client for iPad. Also an iPhone version.
- ABC Player (free) – Streaming television shows from ABC (like Lost and Desperate Housewives).
- Game Table ($1) – Classic games like checkers, chess, poker and most card games with beautiful rendering.
- Feedler RSS (free) – Google Reader reader with free sync for a limited time. A $4 Pro version is also available.
- Epicurious (free) – Over 28,000 recipes from Epicurious.com with a new full-screen cookbook view.
Follow us on Twitter
Subscribe to the PowerPage Podcast in iTunes or add the Podcast RSS feed to your RSS client. Our theme music is generously provided by The Tragically Hip their new release “We Are The Same” is available on iTunes. Don’t forget to join the PowerPage Facebook group.