Date: Thursday, October 21st, 2010, 01:23
Category: News, Software
Amidst yesterday’s hubbub, Data Rescue II, Prosoft Engineering’s data rescue and recovery program, was updated to version 3.1 on Wednesday. The new version, a 13 megabyte download, features the following fixes and changes:
– Runs natively as 64-bit on supported machines in Snow Leopard.
– New Welcome window for easier access to suspended and completed scans.
– Improvements to the Workspace and Home Folder workflows: now simpler to understand and use.
– New Expert feature for erasing any drive or volume to HFS+.
– Added contextual menu to Details View for quick access to common features.
– Improved recovery of InDesign, PEF raw image, TIFF and AVI files, for certain cases.
– Added support for recovering certain ORF raw images.
– A number of additional file types with no, or non-standard, extensions can now be previewed.
– DMG files with no partition table can now be found and recovered.
– Some improvements were made to improve Deep Scan results, in some cases.
– Some optional additional file browser columns may be shown by right-clicking on the table columns header.
– Catalog files with more than 8 fragments would sometimes be recovered incorrectly.
– Activation while launched from a read-only volume wouldn’t be applied correctly.
– Erase wasn’t working on 10.4.
– Erased drives wouldn’t show up in the source selection screen, sometimes causing unnecessary warnings to be displayed.
– Erase wouldn’t work on a volume that was mounted while the open dialog was active.
– Crash when attempting to erase a drive that just disconnected.
– Rare crash when a device is disconnected.
– Minor incompatibilities with the software update feature on 10.4.
– Several usability enhancements to Set Drive/Volume Params.
– Arenas weren’t rendering properly on Snow Leopard.
– User interface preferences are now properly stored in the Home Folder for when booted off the DVD.
– Fixed some bugs related to running the application on a secondary monitor.
– Improved performance and stability while browsing scan results.
– Analyze sometimes crashed just when finishing.
– When unmarking many nodes when quitting, the UI would seem to hang and show the beach ball.
– Some miscellaneous sources of memory leaks and potential crashes were fixed.