Date: Thursday, September 17th, 2009, 04:10
Late Wednesday, software developer Quark released version 8.1.2 of its QuarkXPress design application. The 659 megabyte update, which can be downloaded here, adds the following fixes and changes:
– Improves PDF output capabilities and introduces features.
– Introduces a ‘Native Transparency’ mode for creating PDFs which can offer designers faster and more flexible PDF output support and provide greater control over their PDF workflow process.
– Renovates spell checking, adds the ability to paste text without formatting, and improves productivity with Scale functionality.
– Fine-tunes Usability and Item Styles.
– Can help prevent errors by reporting faux font styles such as bold or italic.
– Readies QuarkXPress for Snow Leopard and Windows 7 compatibility.
QuarkXPress 8.1 requires Mac OS X 10.4 later to install and run and retails for US$799.00 for the full version.