Date: Thursday, December 13th, 2012, 08:29
Category: iOS, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, News, Software
You’ve been hankering for it and it’s here.
Late Wednesday, Google released the iOS-native version of its Google Maps application. The app, a 6.7 megabyte download via the App Store, adds the following fixes and changes:
- Find addresses, places and businesses around the world with Google local search.
- Discover places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and local reviews.
- Sign in to sync your searches, directions, and favorite places between your computer and your phone.
- Get voice guided, turn-by-turn driving directions.
- Find your way by train, bus, subway or walking directions.
- Access live traffic information in cities across the world.
Street View and imagery:
- View 360-degree panoramas of places around the globe with Street View.
- See inside more than 100,000 businesses worldwide.
- View high resolution satellite imagery of locations around the world.
Simple and easy to use:
- An entirely new Google Maps experience on your iPhone.
- Newly designed and streamlined interface for even easier navigation of your world.
- Use gestures to explore the map and browse results.
Google Maps 1.0 for iOS requires iOS 5.1 or later to install and run. If you’ve tried the new app on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.