Date: Thursday, May 16th, 2013, 06:11
Category: News, Software
On Thursday, version 220.127.116.113 of the Skype VoIP application was released. The new version, a 40 megabyte download, offers the following fixes and changes:
New and Improved:
– Infinite chat scrolling
– Improved find within the chat
– Custom Chat Styles removal
– Improved send and receive contacts
– Improved file transfer
– Support for Simplified Chinese
– [Contact] Easier to add a new number to any existing contact.
– [Contact] Easier to add a contact number from the Contacts list.
– [Generic] Fixed random crash when waking from sleep.
– [Generic] Fixed crashes due to outdated 3rd party plugins
– [File Transfer] File transfer shows correct received size.
– [Preferences] You can switch speakers from Preferences during the incoming call.
– [Profile] You can add “Apply an effect” when editing display picture.
– [Screen sharing] Picture-in-Picture for screen sharing will appear in case switching to the Contacts list.
– [Skype Home] Disabling animated emoticons from Preferences will also take effect in the Skype Home view.
– [Calling] Improved dial pad animation in the calling toolbar.
– [Calling] You can use firewire device for Skype video call.
– [Conversation] Chat input field does not switch to SMS mode when adding PSTN numbers to new conversation. Fix is in progress for next release.
– [SMS] SMS sending status stays to ‘sending’. Fix is in progress.
Skype 18.104.22.1683 is available for free and requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.