Date: Friday, August 9th, 2013, 06:04
Category: News, Software
On Friday, version 184.108.40.2063 of the Skype VoIP application was released. The new version, a 40 megabyte download, offers the following fixes and changes:
- Search in Skype for Mac has been completely overhauled. Finding the right conversation is now faster than ever. From the toolbar, just enter a term in the search field and it will return a menu of the most relevant conversations. From the same menu, you can also use the Search Messages action item to explore your complete conversation history. Just double-click on a message to jump directly to it. Finally, adding a contact and calling phone numbers straight from search is more discoverable and easier than ever.
- [Calling] Skype hangs when closing application during an active call.
- [Calling] Cannot hang up call with Shift+Command+H after Skype restarts.
- [Conversations] Messages sent to a Facebook contact show up multiple times.
- [Generic] On OS X 10.7, Skype sometimes crashes when clicking on profile pictures or file transfer icons. Workaround: update to OS X 10.7.5 or later.
Skype 220.127.116.113 is available for free and requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.