Date: Tuesday, August 21st, 2012, 06:49
Category: News, Software
On Tuesday, software developer eidac released version 2.4 of its smcFanControl utility, a free program that allows users to adjust the minimum fan speed of their Intel-based Macs, thereby allowing the unit to potentially run cooler.
The new version, a 768 kilobyte download, offers the following fixes and changes:
- Support for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion / Gatekeeper.
- Support for Retina Macbook Pro.
- smcFanControl is now a 64 Bit application.
- AutoStart works now without AppleScript.
- Support for Mac OS X 10.4 is deprecated.
- The source code for smcFanControl is now available at Github.
smcFanControl 2.4 is available for free and requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.