Date: Friday, September 13th, 2013, 07:16
Category: News, Software
A really useful shareware app just got a fairly hefty update.
Michael Tsai’s must-have shareware program, SpamSieve, has just been updated to version 2.9.8. The new version, a 10.8 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
– SpamSieve is now compatible with OS X 10.8.5.
– Made various changes to improve SpamSieve’s filtering accuracy.
– The “Train as Good” command in Apple Mail now considers the message’s CC recipients when determining the proper account inbox.
– The installer is better at working around incorrect Apple Mail folder permissions.
– Improved the “Why is SpamSieve not catching my spam?”, Open Log, Setting Up Outlook, SpamSieve and Multiple Macs, and various other sections of the manual.
– The AppleScript for Setting Up a Spam Filtering Drone runs faster now.
– Automatic software updates no longer fail if Hazel is set to move files in the Downloads folder.
– The Help menu now includes direct links to important sections of the manual.
– Removed unused code from the Apple Mail plug-in.
SpamSieve 2.9.8 retails for US$30.00 and requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback, please let us know in the comments.