Posted by: Chris Barylick
Date: Tuesday, September 25th, 2012, 10:01
Category: News, Software
The headline sort of says it all.
On Tuesday, graphics giant Adobe announced the released of its Photoshop Elements 11 consumer image editing suite, the new version, a 1.99 gigabyte download with a 30 day demo available, adds the following features and changes:
– Quickly turn photos into stunning illustrations: Get the wow without the work by simply clicking to apply new Comic, Graphic Novel, and Pen & Ink filters.
– Discover a friendly and intuitive environment:Organize, edit, create, and share more quickly and easily thanks to big, bold icons; a helpful Action bar; and the ability to choose from Quick, Guided, and Expert editing modes to fit your needs.
– Manage your photos more easily: Intuitively sort and manage photos and video clips based on people, places, and events using new Organizer views.
– Easily create pro-quality photographic effects: Use new Guided Edits for step-by-step help creating tilt-shift effects that make photos look like miniature scenes, vignettes that draw attention to the center of your photos, and high- and low-key effects that add energy or drama with high levels of white or black.
– Combine elements from different photos with ease: Cleanly extract something from one photo to put in another. Industry-leading Adobe Photoshop picture editing technology makes it easy to select and refine the edges of hair and other tricky content, so you can add relatives to the family portrait, put a friend onstage with her favorite singer, and more.
– Map your memories: Relive your journeys by viewing your photos and videos on a map based on where they were taken.
– Share videos on Vimeo: Quickly share your video clips and movies on the popular Vimeo site.
– New templates: Impress friends and family by sharing photos in eye-catching new templates for printed photo keepsakes and Online Albums.
– Take your photo editing to the next level: Expand your editing options by quickly importing and applying effects and styles from popular photo sites and blogs. Even import actions that automate repetitive editing tasks.
Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 retails for US$99.99 for the full version and US$79.99 for the upgrade version and requires Mac OS X 10.6 and an Intel multi-core processor to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new Photoshop Elements and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments or feedback.