Posted by: Chris Barylick
Date: Wednesday, May 15th, 2013, 07:36
Category: News, security, Software
Handy updates are handy updates.
Late Tuesday, Adobe released version 11.0.03 of its Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat Pro applications. The updates, which can also be snagged through the Adobe Update Utility, add the following fixes and changes:
– Automatic signature detection is supported.
– Added support for the Japanese Postal Code barcode.
– Acrobat and Reader now intelligently detect if a document may need to be signed. On successful detection, a document message bar appears with a button “Open Sign Pane” which on clicking opens the right-hand Sign Pane.
– Signature appearances can now be imported through the user’s webcam. Reader saves the signature for future use in signing workflows.
– Save a Copy: Allows the user to save the file locally or in cloud. The file will be renamed based on whether user signs the document or not.
– Send via Email: Allows users to upload the document to the EchoSign server where they can fill-in details and send the signed document.
– Send via Fax: Same as the Send via Email option.
– Get Others to Sign: Enables users to send documents that need signing to others through the EchoSign service.
– The dialog which asks the user if they want to save the signed document is removed, thereby streamlining the signing process.
– Tools pane performance is improved.
– The Tools Pane is open by default and the user’s selected state is saved across sessions.
– When using Export PDF, Create PDF and Send Now services, the user can now choose Open from online account > Acrobat.com.
– In the Create PDF panel, the “Convert” button is now a “Select Files” button. After a file is selected the button changes to “Convert”.
– When you open a document from Acrobat.com that you were reading earlier on another device, the document opens to the page where you left off.
– The ExportPDF panel is now available in the Japanese version of Reader.
– Acrobat crashes on Export Image to Online Account (SharePoint).
– On OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, PDF file preview color is incorrect in A10 and A11 when monitor display profile is other than sRGB.
– PDFMaker plug-in not opening PPT file after conversion from FileSite server.
– Unable to use tabs to put focus on HTML field following embedded PDF.
– Acrobat browser plug-in does not calculate decimal numbers in an AcroForm correctly when system locale is set to French.
– Page being incorrectly identified as scanned in the PDF invokes OCR unnecessarily.
– Print button off screen on low resolution devices in Reader/Acrobat XI.
– The IE AcroIEHelper browser helper object is removed. Needed functionality is moved to a plugin.
– Cannot save PDF from Firefox when multiple windows are used.
– In Reader, doing an overwrite with content type enabled results in a “bad parameters” error.
– Error while entering the value for Managed Metadata field.
– Added support for the Turkish Currency symbol.
Acrobat Reader 11.0.03 and Acrobat Pro 11.0.03 require an Intel-based processor and Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new versions and noticed any differences, please let us know what you think.