Posted by: Chris Barylick
Date: Friday, June 15th, 2012, 19:37
Category: News, Software
On Monday, Mozilla.org released version 13.0.1 of its Firefox web browser. The new version, a 30.7 megabyte download and adds the following fixes and changes:
- FIXED – Windows Messenger did not load in Hotmail, and the Hotmail inbox did not auto-update (764546, fixed in 13.0.1).
- FIXED – Hebrew text sometimes rendered incorrectly (756850, fixed in 13.0.1).
- FIXED – Flash 11.3 sometimes caused a crash on quit (747683, fixed in 13.0.1).
- NEW – When opening a new tab, users are now presented with their most visited pages.
- NEW – The default home page now has quicker access to bookmarks, history, settings, and more.
- CHANGED – SPDY protocol now enabled by default for faster browsing on supported sites.
- CHANGED – Restored background tabs are not loaded by default for faster startup.
- CHANGED – Smooth scrolling is now enabled by default.
- DEVELOPER – 72 total improvements to Page Inspector, HTML panel, Style Inspector, Scratchpad and Style Editor.
- DEVELOPER – The column-fill CSS property has been implemented.
- DEVELOPER – Experimental support for ECMAScript 6 Map and Set objects has been implemented.
- DEVELOPER – Support for the CSS3 background-position property extended syntax has been added.
- DEVELOPER – The :invalid pseudo-class can now be applied to the element.
- DEVELOPER – The CSS turn unit is now supported.
- FIXED – Various security fixes.
- UNRESOLVED – If you try to start Firefox using a locked profile, it will crash (see 573369).
- UNRESOLVED – For some users, scrolling in the main GMail window will be slower than usual (see 579260).
- UNRESOLVED – Windows: The use of Microsoft’s System Restore functionality shortly after updating Firefox may prevent future updates (see 730285).
- UNRESOLVED – OS X: nsCocoaWindow::ConstrainPosition uses wrong screen in multi-display setup (see 752149).
Firefox 13.0.1 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.