Posted by: Chris Barylick
Date: Tuesday, August 13th, 2013, 10:44
Category: News, Software
You can’t knock an appreciable update.
CrossOver, the popular virtualization program from CodeWeavers, has been updated to version 12.5. The new version, an 84.9 megabyte download, is available as a demo, offers the following fix:
- Drag and Drop.
- System Tray Icons in the Mac Menu Bar.
- Shaped windows and transparency.
- Better mouse handling for many games.
- Support for command-tab switching in full-screen mode.
- Better integration with the OS X Dock, and features such as Expose and Spaces.
- Better international keyboard support.
- Improved clipboard (cut and paste) support.
- Support for mice with more than three buttons.
- Fixes for many window ordering problems.
- Force-feedback joysticks are supported.
- Improved input method support for non-Latin characters.
- Microsoft Outlook will now maintain its connection when the computer sleeps or the network configuration changes.
- Improved auto-discovery for Exchange account setup.
- Outlook will no longer crash if the Exchange server is unavailable.
- Fixed a crash when editing contacts.
- Right-click to format will now work.
- Improved NTLM authentication – you can now change your password if you have ‘smbpasswd’ installed.
- Improved sharepoint list display in profile.
- Characters can now be inserted from the character palette.
- Fixed printing of calendar items.
- Attachment preview will now work.
- Outlook Today can now be customized.
- Phone numbers now accept a ‘+’ character for international notation.
- Fixed a crash when copying a worksheet.
- Improved macro support.
- Fixed a problem opening read-only files.
- Fixed garbage when opening xlsx documents.
- Fixed display of help topics in Quicken 2012.
- Fixed a bug in the ‘Change Assumptions’ function of Quicken 2013.
Internet Explorer 7:
- More web sites will now work.
- Fixed a bug which sometimes caused failure during installation.
- Fixed a crash in the print dialog.
World of Tanks:
- Fixed a crash connecting to the server on certain Macs.
- Fixed a crash when zooming in on targets.
- Fixed problems in which drop-down menus could not be dismissed.
- Microsoft Office 2010 Simplified Chinese Edition will now install.
- Fixed a bug which caused Microsoft Office 2007 to fail to install on some machines.
- Fixed an installation conflict between .Net 4.0 and DirectX 9.
- Fixed an installation problem with Microsoft Money 2001.
- Fixed an issue where Microsoft Visio 2010 would not open .vxd files.
- Fixed installation problems with .Net 3.5.
- Fixed graphical glitches in Wizard101.
- Fixed problems with the patcher in Pirate101.
- Fixed a crash on login in Starcraft II.
- Fixed crashes on install of Rift’s Storm Legion expansion.
- Fixed Rift graphics bugs on Nvidia hardware.
- Fixed various errors in ChemSketch 12.
- Fixed a crash in Baseball Mogul 2013 and 2014.
- CrossOver 12.5.0 is based on the new stable Wine 1.6 release. This includes innumerable fixes for various Windows applications.
- CrossOver can be configured for compatibility with Windows 7.
CrossOver 12.5 retails for US$59.95 and requires Mac OS X 10.6 and or later and an Intel-based Mac to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.