Date: Tuesday, May 14th, 2013, 13:49
Category: News, Software
According to version numbers, Firefox can now legally purchase an alcoholic beverage…
On Friday, Mozilla.org released version 21.0.1 of its Firefox web browser. The new version, a 40.2 megabyte download via MacUpdate, adds the following fixes and changes:
- The Social API now supports multiple providers.
- Enhanced three-state UI for Do Not Track (DNT).
- Firefox will suggest how to improve your application startup time if needed.
- Preliminary implementation of Firefox Health Report.
- Ability to restore removed thumbnails on New Tab Page.
- CSS -moz-user-select:none selection changed to improve compatibility with -webkit-user-select:none (bug 816298).
- Graphics related performance improvements (bug 809821).
- Removed E4X support from Spidermonkey.
- Implemented Remote Profiling.
- Integrated add-on SDK loader and API libraries into Firefox.
- Added support for element.
- Implemented scoped stylesheets.
- Some function keys may not work when pressed (833719).
- Browsing and Download history clearing needs unification to avoid confusion on clearing download history (847627).
Firefox 21.0 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, please let us know in the comments.