Date: Tuesday, October 13th, 2009, 03:10
– Data Rescue 3 runs on OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger) and later, including OS X 10.5.x (Leopard) and OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard)
– Data Rescue 3 sports a brand new Graphical User Interface, with animated visual effects.
– Many (over 100) new Reconstructed file types have been added for Deleted and Deep scans. See the last section of this file for a current list of supported types.
– A powerful new feature called FileIQ allows Data Rescue 3 to learn about new file types from user-supplied samples. This greatly extends the number of potential Reconstructed file types supported.
– A new File Previewer feature, which can preview many file types prior to recovery.
– The ability to suspend and resume scans, and to manage the results from multiple scans.
– Improved support for scanning Apple software RAID drives.
– Improved support for scanning large > 1TB drives.
– Improved support for recovering large sparse disk image files.
– Improved support for recovering pkzip files.
– Improved recovery of hard linked files.
– Added ability to unmount or eject a volume (useful when booted from DVD-ROM).
– Automatic check for updated Data Rescue 3 version.
– Improved features to assist if a call to Prosoft technical support becomes necessary.
– New Home Folder feature when booted from DVD; avoids the need to re-enter activation key each time it’s booted.
– Numerous bug fixes.
Data Rescue 3 requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later to install and run and retails for US$99.