Date: Monday, October 2nd, 2006, 08:00
In addition to Aperture 1.5, Apple also shipped a major update to the Mac OS on Friday, 10.4.8.
The update is available for PPC (31MB) and Intel (206MB). Combo and Delta versions are also available. The best way to get the update is via Software Update.
What’s New in this Version
The 10.4.8 Update is recommended for all users and includes general operating system fixes, as well as specific fixes for the following applications and technologies:
- connecting to wireless networks using the EAP-FAST protocol
- Apple USB modem reliability
- using OpenType fonts in Microsoft Word
- compatibility with 3rd party USB hubs
- scanner performance
- RAW camera support
- printing documents with Asian language names
- performance of the Translation widget
- broadband network performance
- security updates