Posted by: Chris Barylick
Date: Wednesday, October 3rd, 2012, 07:17
Category: News, Software
Late Tuesday, Opera Software released a public beta of version 12.10.1615 of its web browser. The new version, a 20.1 megabyte download via MacUpdate, boasts the following fixes and changes:
– Extensions, improved
Several new and improved APIs are included in this version of Opera including:
– API for URL filtering
– Context Menu API
– Screenshots API
– Resource Loader API
– High-resolution Display Support: Improved support for all high-resolution displays, including Apple’s new Retina Displays is included in this beta.
Web Specifications Support:
– Opera 12.10 beta will include changes in the Opera Presto 2.12 engine up to core-integration-point 388.
– SPDY: Support for the SPDY (“Speedy”) network standard is included in Opera 12.10 beta. SPDY was designed to cut down the time it takes for a webpage to load, while reducing some of the security risks posed by HTTP.
– CSS3 Gradients, Transitions, Animations, and Transforms: All members of these specifications are now available without the -o- prefix and have been updated to the latest published versions.
– CSS Site Compatibility: To improve site compatibility and interoperability, Opera 12.10 beta also introduces aliasing for a selection of prefixed CSS properties.
– Fullscreen API: Fullscreen API support has been implemented and fully supports Draft 7 of the Fullscreen API specification.
– Page Visibility API: Basic support for the Page Visibility API specification has been added, including support for visible and hidden.
– WebSockets: Support for WebSockets has been updated in Opera 12.10 beta and is now enabled by default.
– ICC Profiles: International Color Consortium profile support has been added, ensuring images look as the author intended.
– Display and Scripting.
– Add onpaste to document.
– Add an href attribute to the widget element in config.xml.
Fixes and Changes:
– The OS X version of Opera has been reverted to in-process plugins while stability issues stemming from the out-of-process plugin system are investigated and resolved.
Opera 12.10.1615 is available for free and requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.