The Apple Core: Sticky space bar

Posted by:
Date: Monday, June 5th, 2006, 08:00
Category: The Apple Core

As you can probably guess I use my MacBook all the time. It’s my primary machine and blogging for ZDNet, editing the PowerPage, email and IM keep me pretty busy. A couple of weeks back my MBP keyboard started acting a little wonky.
I use the MacBook’s built-in keyboard about 75 percent of the time (the other 25 percent of the time I use an Apple Bluetooth keyboard) and about three weeks ago the space bar started sticking. It wouldn’t stick entirely, but instead would come up very slowly after being pressed. While not a problem initially, it started coming up slower and slower and often wouldn’t return to the “unpressed” position by the time I needed to use it again resulting in a lot of sentences withoutspacesinthem.
Read the rest of the story on my ZDNet Blog: The Apple Core.


As you can probably guess I use my MacBook all the time. It’s my primary machine and blogging for ZDNet, editing the PowerPage, email and IM keep me pretty busy. A couple of weeks back my MBP keyboard started acting a little wonky.
I use the MacBook’s built-in keyboard about 75 percent of the time (the other 25 percent of the time I use an Apple Bluetooth keyboard) and about three weeks ago the space bar started sticking. It wouldn’t stick entirely, but instead would come up very slowly after being pressed. While not a problem initially, it started coming up slower and slower and often wouldn’t return to the “unpressed” position by the time I needed to use it again resulting in a lot of sentences withoutspacesinthem.
Read the rest of the story on my ZDNet Blog: The Apple Core.

Recent Posts