Date: Tuesday, June 28th, 2011, 03:44
Category: News, Software
VirtualBox, an open source x86 virtualization project available for free has just hit version 4.0.10. The new version, a 82.8 megabyte download, sports the following list of fixes and changes:
- GUI: fixed disappearing settings widgets on KDE hosts (bug #6809).
- Storage: fixed hang under rare circumstances with flat VMDK images.
- Storage: a saved VM could not be restored under certain circumstances after the host kernel was updated (bug #8983).
- Storage: refuse to create a medium with an invalid variant (for example Split2G with VDI; bug #7227).
- Snapshots: none of the hard disk attachments must be attached to another VM in normal mode when creating a snapshot.
- USB: fixed occasional VM hangs with SMP guests (bug #4580).
- USB: proper device detection on RHEL/OEL/CentOS 5 guests (partial fix for bug #8978).
- ACPI: force the ACPI timer to return monotonic values for improve behavior with SMP Linux guests (bug #8511 and others).
- RDP: fixed screen corruption under rare circumstances (bug #8977).
- rdesktop-vrdp: updated to version 1.7.0.
- OVF: under rare circumstances some data at the end of a VMDK file was not written during export.
- Lion fixes (bug #8903).
- GNOME 3 fix.
VirtualBox 4.0.10 is available for free and requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later and an Intel-based Mac to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback, please let us know.