Date: Monday, April 2nd, 2012, 11:06
Category: News, Software
VirtualBox, an open source x86 virtualization project available for free has just hit version 4.1.12. The new version, a 89.5 megabyte download, features the following fixes and changes:
– VMM: fixed VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED and VERR_RAW_MODE_INVALID_SMP guru meditation due to an invalid reschedule to raw mode (bug #10370).
– VMM: fixed PDMCritSectLeave guru meditation under rare circumstances with SMP guests.
– VMM: proper Math Fault handling with certain legacy guests (bug #9042).
– NAT: fixed a socket leak under certain conditions.
– Storage: better sanity check against reading beyond end-of-file.
– Audio: fixed a crash in the NUL audio backend (bug #10374; 4.1.10 regression).
– HGCM: fixed a crash during savestate under rare circumstances.
– VBoxSVC: several locking fixes.
– VBoxManage: return the correct error code if controlvm savestate failed (bug #10134).
– Guest Additions: VBoxService should not crash on exit (bug #10326; 4.1.10 regression).
– Windows Additions: set the correct time stamp when a file is closed (bug #6473).
– Windows Additions: better help if the DirectX backups are not properly installed.
– Linux Additions: Linux 3.4-rc1 compile fixes.
VirtualBox 4.1.12 is available for free and requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later and an Intel-based Mac to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback, please let us know.