Date: Thursday, June 21st, 2012, 05:57
Category: News, Software
VirtualBox, an open source x86 virtualization project available for free has just hit version 4.1.18. The new version, a 92.7 megabyte download, features the following fixes and changes:
- VMM: fixed VERR_REM_VIRTUAL_CPU_ERROR under rare conditions after the guest has been reset (bug #5164 and others).
- VMM: fixed host freezes with 64-bit guests on 32-bit Linux hosts (bug #10528).
- VRDP: added a workaround for rdesktop clients not properly updating the screen size when minimized.
- AHCI: fixed a rare bug which can cause a guest memory corruption after the guest storage controller has been reset.
- NAT: another attempt to fix crashes under rare conditions (Windows hosts only; bug #10513).
- Mac OS X hosts: addressed issues running Leopard / Snow Leopard (bug #10631).
- Linux hosts / Bridged Networking: fixed the problem with device driver unloading on kernels 3.2.18 and newer due to an invalid reference counter (bug #10624).
- Linux hosts / guests: Linux 3.5-rc1 fixes.
- Linux Additions: the guest content was sometimes not properly updated (bug #9887).
- Solaris Additions: installer fix for X.org Server 1.11 and 1.12.
VirtualBox 4.1.18 is available for free and requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 or later and an Intel-based Mac to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback, please let us know.