Date: Wednesday, September 12th, 2012, 07:40
Category: News, Software
VirtualBox, an open source x86 virtualization project available for free has just hit version 4.1.22. The new version, a 96.6 megabyte download, features the following fixes and changes:
- VMM: fixed a potential host crash triggered by shutting down a VM when another VM was running (only affected 32-bit hosts and 64-bit OS X hosts, 4.1 regression, bug #9897)
- VMM: fixed a potential host crash under a high guest memory pressure (seen with Windows 8 guests).
- VMM: respect RAM preallocation while restoring saved state.
- VMM: fixed handling of task gates if VT-x/AMD-V is disabled.
- Storage: fixed audio CD passthrough for certain media players.
- USB: don’t crash if a USB device is plugged or unplugged when saving or loading the VM state (SMP guests only).
- RTC: fixed a potential corruption of CMOS bank 1.
- Mac OS X hosts: installer fixes for Leopard (4.1.20 regression).
- Windows Additions: fixed memory leak in VBoxTray (bug #10808).
VirtualBox 4.1.22 is available for free and requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 or later and an Intel-based Mac to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback, please let us know.