Date: Friday, July 5th, 2013, 07:36
Category: News, Software
An update’s an update.
VirtualBox, an open source x86 virtualization project available for free has just hit version 4.2.16. The new version, a 110 megabyte download, features the following fixes and changes:
– OVF/OVA: don’t crash on import if no manifest is used (4.2.14 regression; bug #11895).
– GUI: do not restore the current snapshot if we power-off after a Guru Mediation.
– Storage: fixed a crash when hotplugging an empty DVD drive to the VM.
– Storage: fixed a crash when a guest read from a DVD drive attached to the SATA controller under certain circumstances.
– EFI: don’t fail with 64-bit guests on 32-bit hosts (bug #11456).
– Autostart: fixed VM startup on OS X.
– Windows hosts: native Windows 8 controls.
– Windows hosts: restore native style on Vista 32.
– Windows hosts / guests: Windows 8.1 adaptions (bug #11899).
– Mac OS X hosts: after removing VirtualBox with VirtualBox_Uninstall.tool, remove it from the pkgutil –pkgs list as well.
VirtualBox 4.2.16 is available for free and requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or later and an Intel-based Mac to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback, please let us know.