Date: Friday, October 19th, 2012, 07:02
Category: News, Software
VirtualBox, an open source x86 virtualization project available for free has just hit version 4.2.2. The new version, a 102.3 megabyte download, features the following fixes and changes:
- VMM: adapted to changes in Mac OS X 10.8.2 (bug #10965).
- GUI: restored VM item tool-tip functionality (4.2 regression).
- GUI: added group item tool-tip functionality.
- GUI: fixed handling of the .ova/.ovf file name association (4.2 regression).
- GUI: it was not possible to change any setting before the first VM was created (bug #10928).
- GUI: disable grouping action if all the selected items are full children list of the same group already.
- GUI: added menu for runtime drag-and-drop option change.
- GUI: cleanup shared-clipboard menu on visual-mode change.
- GUI: make sure VM receives keyboard focus on entering fullscreen-mode on Win host (bug #11051).
- GUI: disable proxy authentication for security reasons.
- 3D Support: DrawIndexedPrimitiveUP implementation fixes for the Windows WDDM video driver (bug #10929).
- Storage: fixed a release assertion in the AHCI emulation when requests where canceled with asynchronous I/O disabled.
- Storage: fixed a hang during VM reset under certain circumstances (bug #10898).
- NAT: fixed a crash under rare circumstances (Windows hosts only; bug #10128).
- NAT: automatically use the host resolver if the host name server is set to some unusual loopback value (bug #10864).
- E1000: fixed a VirtualBox crash during intensive network transfers (4.2 regression; bugs #10936, #10969, #10980).
- ICH9: fixed PCI bridge initialization.
- USB mouse: ensure that the last mouse event doesn’t get lost if no URBs are available.
- BIOS: certain legacy guests (e.g. Windows 95) didn’t find the boot device after a warm reboot.
- BIOS: don’t trash the palette in text modes when setting the border color.
- EFI: fixed OS X guest autoboot (4.2 regression).
- VBoxManage: fixed output of showvminfo –machinereadable (bug #10973).
- VBoxManage: fixed parsing of storageattach –discard (bug #11023).
- VBoxManage: fixed wrong output of the HPET setting in showvminfo (bug #11065).
- VBoxManage: fixed closing the guest session after executing a guest process via guest control.
- VBoxShell: adaptions to interface name changes.
- Guest Additions device: fixed a Guest Additions hang when a machine was reset after a crash.
- Linux hosts / guests: Linux 3.7-rc1 fixes.
- Linux Additions: support X.Org Server 1.13.
- Linux Additions: fixed a hang when the X server was restarted with old guest kernels.
- Linux Additions: fixed a VBoxService crash during CPU hot remove (bug fixed in … (new)”>#10964).
- Windows Additions: fixed automatic screen resize issue for NT4 guests.
- OS/2 Additions: fixed shutdown hang.
- OS/2 Additions: fixed mouse driver panic.
- Solaris hosts: fixed autostart service going into maintenance mode after all VMs started.
- Solaris hosts: fixed linking the host driver with the dtrace module.
VirtualBox 4.2.2 is available for free and requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or later and an Intel-based Mac to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback, please let us know.