Date: Monday, October 29th, 2012, 06:12
Category: News, Software
VirtualBox, an open source x86 virtualization project available for free has just hit version 4.2.4. The new version, a 101 megabyte download, features the following fixes and changes:
– GUI: fixed validation warning on global settings / proxy page (4.2.2 regression, bug #11089).
– GUI: fixed crash with multiple guest screens on certain conditions (OS X hosts only).
– VBoxBalloonCtrl: fixed command line argument handling of ballooning module.
– VRDP: fixed occasional crash during a video playback in the guest (bug #11082).
– BIOS: fixed broken DMI information (4.2 regression).
– BIOS: workaround for booting from Windows 2000 floppy disks.
– EFI: fixed video mode selection loss on VM reboot (bug #10983).
– Parallel: fixed parallel port printing failure/ paper queue empty error (Windows hosts only; bug #2226).
– NAT: fixed crash on alias-less DNS responses when host-resolver is used.
– Storage: fixed hang under rare circumstances.
VirtualBox 4.2.4 is available for free and requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or later and an Intel-based Mac to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback, please let us know.