Date: Monday, June 6th, 2011, 05:21
Category: News, Software
Video Lan Client, the nigh-indispensable open source media player for multiple audio and video formats (MPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx, ogg, etc.), was updated to version 1.1.10. The new version, a 43.9 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
– Security update regarding an integer overflow in xspf demuxer.
– Rewrite of the pulseaudio audio output module.
– Update of libmodplug for security reasons in Windows and Mac versions.
– Major updates in most language translations.
– Removal of the font-cache re-building on the freetype module on Windows.
– Numerous updates and fixes on the interface and look of VLC for Mac OS X.
– Many miscellaneous fixes in decoders, demuxers and subtitles.
– 3rd party libraries updates.
VLC 1.1.10 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, let us know in the comments.