Date: Thursday, August 19th, 2010, 05:10
Category: News, Software
Video Lan Client, the nigh-indispensable open source media player for multiple audio and video formats (MPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx, ogg, etc.), was updated to version 1.1.3. The new version, a 39.3 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
– Taglib crash (CVE-2010-2937 / VideoLAN-SA-1004)
– Fixes for FTP relative paths and directories.
– Fixes for Podcast and DVD modules.
– Extensions and scripts updates.
– Miscellaneous fixes in interfaces.
– Updated translations.
– Many other crashes and errors fixed.
VLC 1.1.3 requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback about it, please let us know.