Date: Monday, November 15th, 2010, 05:50
Category: News, Software
Video Lan Client, the nigh-indispensable open source media player for multiple audio and video formats (MPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx, ogg, etc.), was updated to version 1.1.5. The new version, a 40.6 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
– 1000 Web-shows listing integrated inside VLC’s playlist, provided by Channels.com
– New Game Music Emu (GME) support
– Windows SMB security issue – VideoLAN-SA-1006
– Major updates in translations, and new translations in Asturian, Armenian and Modern Greek
– Mac/Power-PC port fixed in 18.104.22.168
– live .webm streams support
– GPU HD decoding using Intel IGP on Windows, using DxVA2
– Miscellaneous fixes on all Interfaces, Demuxers and Decoders modules
– Codec updates
VLC 1.1.5 requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback about it, please let us know.