Date: Thursday, March 24th, 2011, 03:12
Category: News, Software
Video Lan Client, the nigh-indispensable open source media player for multiple audio and video formats (MPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx, ogg, etc.), was updated to version 1.1.8. The new version, a 25.2 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
– Security update regarding video width concerning some demuxers.
– Support for a new Dirac encoder based on libschroedinger.
– Package of the new VP8/Webm encoder ‘Bali’.
– Notable updates in .mp4, .ogg, .ape demuxers.
– Major updates in most language translations.
– Fixes in skins2 supports of Winamp2 skins.
– Upgrade on the look of VLC for Mac OS X.
– Auto-detection for .txt subtitles is fixed.
– Fixes on Windows integration, notably regarding volume keys.
– Codecs updates.
– Many miscellaneous fixes.
VLC 1.1.8 requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, let us know in the comments.