Date: Thursday, March 24th, 2011, 03:12
Category: News, Software
Video Lan Client, the nigh-indispensable open source media player for multiple audio and video formats (MPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx, ogg, etc.), was updated to version 1.1.8. The new version, a 25.2 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
- Security update regarding video width concerning some demuxers.
- Support for a new Dirac encoder based on libschroedinger.
- Package of the new VP8/Webm encoder ‘Bali’.
- Notable updates in .mp4, .ogg, .ape demuxers.
- Major updates in most language translations.
- Fixes in skins2 supports of Winamp2 skins.
- Upgrade on the look of VLC for Mac OS X.
- Auto-detection for .txt subtitles is fixed.
- Fixes on Windows integration, notably regarding volume keys.
- Codecs updates.
- Many miscellaneous fixes.
VLC 1.1.8 requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, let us know in the comments.