Date: Monday, March 19th, 2012, 07:18
Category: News, Software
Video Lan Client, the nigh-indispensable open source media player for multiple audio and video formats (MPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx, ogg, etc.), was updated to a release candidate version of 2.0.1. The new version, a 25.5 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
– Support for MxPEG files and streams.
– New features in the Mac OS X interface for more customization.
– Numerous fixes in the Qt, the Mac OS and the skins interfaces.
– Fixes for HTTP Live Streaming, CDDB, UDP/RTP support.
– Security issues SA-1201 and SA-1202.
– Limited support for Bluray discs menus.
– Numerous fixes for MKV support.
– Fix for splitted RAR files playback.
– Numerous fixes for more than 120 bugs.
– Codec and 3rd party libraries security updates.
VLC 2.0.1 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, let us know in the comments.