Date: Monday, December 17th, 2012, 07:11
Category: News, Software
Video Lan Client, the nigh-indispensable open source media player for multiple audio and video formats (MPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx, ogg, etc.), was updated to version 2.0.5. The new version, a 41.9 megabyte download, adds the following fixes and changes:
- Rework and fixes of the Mac OS X interface.
- Fix Pulseaudio initial synchronization.
- Fix MKV, SWF, AIFF and subtitles demuxer crashes.
- Translations updates and new Welsh translation.
- DVB-S delivery system detection.
- Fix audio and video track selection through libVLC.
- Fix system sleep issue on Mac OS X 10.5.
VLC 2.0.5 requires an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or later to install and run.
If you’ve tried the new version and have any feedback to offer, let us know in the comments.